Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Free Manga Goodness, Game Design & All Around Busy.

So, I’ve been uber busy making quite a few things since… GRADUATION~! What with that being official and all now, I am quickly reminded that I have to hurry before the time comes whereas banks begin to hold their hand out to me in all earnest for the money I presently owe them for my education. Yee. Haw.

 

Anyway, aside from that wonderous journey I am having to make, I am also crafting a free online manga! This will be in full color, and be quite the exploratory journey for me artistically!

 

Emperor GANT, my comic, follows the tale of a young Grecian Girl, Terri Alexander, as she awakens in an alien world shaped by the enigmatic Emperor. She doesn’t know how she has gotten there, or why she may have been “taken” to begin with.

It is an Action/Adventure set over 10,000 years in the future, with heavy emphasis on story-telling, imagery and Action. >:3

 

The comic itself is actually already up! Previews and link to follow~!:

 

The Cover! Which doubles well as a poster!

Page 3~! Explosions not limited.

Yeah, it's anime... we've got curves.

Very Exciting! >:3

 

More of which can be found HERE: www.migoart.net/gantmanga

 

I’ve spent a lot of time getting together some promotional materials too! I put up a poster in my local comic shop, along with a couple that the gracious people at ITT (Namely John! – Thanks John!) allowed me to put up!

 

In the world of Game Design however, I should probably make a seperate post about how my FINAL in Game Design went. Though, just to be clear now… it went FANTASTIC. I made a 2-D sidescroller using the Torque Game Engine, which I shall post shortly to be played for free! (I’m gonna make a silly poster too!)

 

In fact, I’ll be posting it in the condition it was in when I showed it to the classroom~! This means there will be a beginning, an end, hand-drawn animations, custom music, levels and gameplay… but no cut-scenes and recycled sound-effects. I’ll add (And replace) those later: once I’m more comfortable with my time. :3

 

Aside from all of that, I’ve got eight commissions to finish, a website to update, t-shirts to make, reservations to fill and designs to… well… design! All before Dragon Age : Origins comes out.

 

Can’t miss out on my Dragon Age.

 

No matter what happens though, I’ll be free for any questions regarding the Torque Game Builder, which is my engine of choice in terms of game design.

No comments:

Post a Comment